I have been involved in designing, developing and conducting ‘on the job’ skills training and coaching workshops for apparel manufacturing and sourcing organizations since 2008. I bring the ‘industry insider’ perspective to the training interventions I create and deliver, thus making the experience more relevant and effective for my clients and trainees. I conducted workshops for companies like Texport Garments, Raymond Ever Blue Denim, Golden Seam Textiles, L M Sagar Exports in Bangalore, Hirdramani Industries in Colombo, Radnik Exports, Orient Fashions, Saivana Exports, Genus Apparel in Delhi, for international brands’ buying and sourcing offices like J C Penney Purchasing Corporation and Dollar General Liaison office in Delhi and for non-profit organizations like OGTC (Okhla Garment and Textile Cluster) in Delhi.
I was invited as speaker to deliver sessions on ‘Skills upgradation for apparel merchandisers’ at International Conference for Apparel and Home Textiles (ICAHT) held at IHC, New Delhi, which were well received.
I worked as a trainer and consultant for Textile and Fashion Industry Training Centre in Singapore where I revamped their training contents on Global Sourcing, Production Tracking using Critical Path Method, Team Work in Workplace modules. I was also involved in developing training and assessment on Apparel Costing for senior executives at Li and Fung.
Prior to my journey as a trainer / facilitator, I gained deep understanding of the Global Fashion Industry from my 10+ years of corporate stint with Industry leaders like Li and Fung, Tommy Hilfiger India, J C Penney Purchasing Corporation, TCNS and Pearl Global.
- I am certified ACTA facilitator from Institute of Adult Learning, Singapore. ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) is issued and recognized by Singapore Workforce Development Agency.
- Post Graduate degree in Fashion Management Studies from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) New Delhi.
- Digital Media Marketing Course from Digital Vidya.
- Hubspot Inbound Certification.
- Hootsuite Social Media Marketing Certification.
- Google AdWords certification – search advertising
- Brand Marketing on Facebook Learning Path at Blueprint
- edX Curtin University Honor Code Certificate for Digital Branding and Engagement
- edX Wharton University Professional Certificate for Fundamentals of Digital Marketing, Social Media, and E-Commerce
- Product Categories – Apparel – men’s / women’s / children’s, Home -soft lines and hard lines, Leather- apparel and accessories, tertiary products – fabrics and trims
- Geographies – India, China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Pakistan, Hong Kong (Supply side), US, Canada, Europe, Japan (Buy Side)
- Operational Excellence in managing and delivering on time in a multi-style environment by innovating on supply chain processes through application of project management concepts including critical path, risk management and lean principles.
- Customer Service Focus in collaborating across multiple stake holders in global supply chain
- People Development –design, develop and deliver relevant ‘on the job’ skills training workshops, coaching and measure performance holistically.
- Consulting – Helped Garment Exporters and Sourcing offices improve employee productivity and instill the lean mindset.