A fine example of seamless customer experience -Farfetch
Being from the fashion industry I understand the pains that are associated with online shopping or shall we add online shipping as well.
Here are some of the issues that a fashion shopper faces.
- The color looked good on the digital screen. But in reality, it does looks different.
- When you shop, you are not sure of whether you are a size M or size L? As it differs from brand to brand, style to style and from country to country. There is never a 100% confidence level that even if you think you have picked up the right size, it will fit you perfectly.
- A certain style may look good on a model and the high-quality image on the online-shop, but it may not look as good when you try it on yourself in real.
- Most of the online shops are offering free shipping within the country. But when it comes to international shipping and returns, it is a challenge and the experience of returning can be quite intimidating for a customer. To go through the fine print of terms and conditions and prepare the right documentation for executing an international return shipping can be daunting for most of us.
- Online marketplaces can be quite overwhelming in terms of the choices that are available to customers. One does not know how to decide what’s best for them. Even shopping on Amazon with reviews and rating systems can be numbing.
- Some companies like Stitchfix are addressing the pain associated with an overwhelming choice online by curating a customised look for a customer and doing a fine job of it, they are still restricted to one country as opposed to having a global footprint.
So one is always on a lookout for who is solving some of these issues the best for customers.
I tried Farfetch last week and here is an account of my whole experience.
I went to their website and the easy user interface to browse the website, with all sorts of filters available, and constant recommendations being thrown at me based on my selections was a great online shopping experience overall.
I picked up a dress which I felt would suit me and the website has a fit predictor to help you choose the right fit based on what brand you have used in the past which fits you well. So I made an informed decision to the right fit, and luckily the product I wanted was available in stock. I ordered and the product arrived well in time committed upfront at the checkout. 3.5 business days later the package was right at my door. I opened the contents to be greeted by an envelope which promptly informed me that I could return this package with 3 easy steps. The entire documentation for return shipping was enclosed along with this letter.
I tried the dress on. I liked the fitting. I was however not satisfied with how it looked on me. And quite honestly, I wanted to test their claim on how easy it would be to return the goods. I did not need a dress that desperately anyways. So I went to the website a few days later. Followed the three simple steps on their website. Selected the time for the package to be picked up from my home. And that’s it. The company sent a person to collect me return shipment at my home, who checked the contents and the documents and it was done.
I must inform you here, the dress was shipped to me in Singapore from Canada. And so we are talking cross-border shipping and return here. Executed so seamlessly and made so easy for me as a customer. I can say with confidence that I feel emboldened and encouraged to shop more from Farfetch after this experience.
Very few companies get this piece right. Managing and handling international shipping and returns with no questions asked and make it easy for the customer to build trust and relationship for life. That’s what Farfetch achieved with me. I want you to try it too. Don’t take my word for it. Try for yourself. While you are at it, let me do you a favor by sharing with you a discount coupon that the brand offers to its customers for referrals to friends. What a wonderful way to pay a happy and satisfied customer for spreading the good word. So here you go with the Farfetch Link that entitles you to a 10% discount on shipping.
I want to admit here that I was not prompted so much by the referral reward so much to write this post. I am truly impressed by the experience that I had as a customer. Farfetch is truly a fine example of seamless customer experience.
For those of you who may not have heard about Farfetch, here is a brief snapshot of the company and what it does.
Farfetch is the global platform for luxury. Toronto and from Milan to Miami. This unique business model guarantees an unparalleled range of luxury fashion from established brands to the most interesting new designers and one-of-a-kind styles.partners with over 700 of the world’s best luxury boutiques and brands, located from Tokyo to
The Farfetch Group consists of London boutique Browns to its portfolio in 2015, which serves as an incubator for new retail technology ideas., the e-commerce marketplace for luxury; Farfetch Black & White; a white label e-commerce solution for luxury retailers and Store of The Future; a suite of retail solutions to enhance the customer journey by connecting the online and offline worlds. The brand also added renowned
The Farfetch website and apps serve customers in 10 languages with offices in 11 cities globally. Farfetch express ships from over 700 partners in 40 countries to 190 countries worldwide with same day delivery in 10 cities.
In April 2017, Farfetch launched Store to Door in 90 Minutes, in exclusive partnership with Gucci available in 10 cities across 4 continents.
In June 2017, the company announced a global content and commerce partnership with Condé Nast, the preeminent content provider, to create a seamless editorial shopping experience from inspiration to shopping gratification.
Farfetch is backed by world-renowned tech and luxury investors, IDG Capital Partners, Temasek, Eurazeo, DST Global, Index Ventures, Vitruvian Partners and Condé Nast International.
http://www.farfetch.com @Farfetch and you will get a
Do check them out. And hey, give me some credit for sharing the ‘good news’! Like/Follow my profiles on social media.
Instagram – @anjuligopalakrishna
Twitter – @anjuligo
Facebook – www.facebook.com/
Linkedin – www.linkedin.com/in/anjuligopalakrishna/